Updated September 26, 2018
RingCentral Customer Referral Promotion Official Rules
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT YOU HAVE NOT YET EARNED ANY GIFTS UNDER THIS PROMOTION. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF EARNING GIFTS UNDER THIS PROMOTION. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
This Customer Referral Promotion (the "Promotion") is sponsored and administered by RingCentral, Inc. ("RingCentral"), located at 20 Davis Drive, Belmont, CA 94002. The Promotion is governed by these official rules ("Official Rules"). By participating in the Promotion, each entrant ("Entrant") accepts and agrees to comply with these Official Rules, including without limitation all eligibility requirements, and understands that the results of the Promotion, as determined by RingCentral or its agents, is final in all respects. No purchase is necessary for entry into the Promotion, and a purchase will not increase your chance of receiving a gift.
b. “ ” or “Lead” means the validly registered and complete information of a company, or individual representing a company, that is a prospective new RingCentral customer.
c. “ ” or “Referrer” means an individual or company that (i) is properly enrolled on the Program website; (ii) is identified in the W-9 tax form submitted to RingCentral hereunder; and (iii) registers a lead with RingCentral. If there is any discrepancy between registration information provided by Referrer and the W-9 tax form submitted to RingCentral, the individual or company identified in the W-9 tax form submitted to RingCentral shall control.
d. “ ” means the company, or individual representing a company, referred as a Lead to RingCentral by the Referrer that (i) becomes a RingCentral customer by submitting an initial service order for a qualifying service; and (ii) remains a customer of RingCentral in good standing and current in payment for the Qualifying Period.
e. “ ” means a period of 60 days from the date that Referee’s initial service order for the Qualifying Lines is submitted to RingCentral.” or “Program” means the program described on the website located at https://refer.ringcentral.com/USCA/register (or such successor site as designated by RingCentral) and to which these Terms and Conditions apply.
1. Eligibility: To enter the Promotion you must be a lawful citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada, 21 years of age or older, and physically located within the United States or Canada when you enter the Promotion. The Promotion is void outside of the United States and Canada, and any website pages and advertisements relating to the Promotion are intended for viewing only within the United States and Canada. In addition, the following persons and entities are ineligible to participate in this Promotion:
2. How to Refer:
3. Gift Certificates:
For the avoidance of doubt, the Entrant shall not be entitled to a Gift Certificate or cash reward (where applicable) if the Referral does not sign up for a RingCentral account or provides a different e-mail address to a live sales agent from the one indicated in the Entry.
Entrant shall not receive a Gift Certificate for any other Referrals, including but not limited to (i) sign-ups for RingCentral Contact Center, RingCentral Fax®, RingCentral Professional® or RingCentral Office® trial or promotional free accounts; (ii) Referrals who terminate their subscription before the end of the Qualifying Period; or (iii) any Invalid Referral. No cash value is associated with any Gift Certificates and under no circumstances will any cash equivalent be issued in lieu of a Gift Certificate except in the sole discretion of RingCentral.
In the event the Referral downgrades to a lower tier plan or fewer number of lines at any time during the Qualifying Period, the award to Entrant shall be the lowest tier plan or number of lines purchased by the Entrant during the Qualifying Period.
In order for an Entrant to receive a Gift Certificate reward, Entrant must complete the referral program online registration including completing the email verification process. Entrants must complete registration no later than 60 days after the Referree completes the “Qualifying Period,” or the gift certificate or cash reward(s) are deemed invalid.
Entrants will receive their Gift Certificates by e-mail within sixty (60) days of qualifying for the Gift Certificate. Cash rewards will be made by ACH or check via mail.
Gift cards shall have an expiration date to be determined by RingCentral in its reasonable discretion.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, RINGCENTRAL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ALL ATTORNEY'S FEES.
CAN-SPAM Act Compliance. RingCentral complies with the federal CAN-SPAM Act and honors requests of consumers and customers who choose to opt out of receiving RingCentral marketing emails. Accordingly, if you designate a referral email address that has previously opted out of receiving RingCentral marketing emails, you will be advised that the email address is not eligible to be sent a Ring Central Refer-a-Friend email.
5. Taxes: ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY GIFT CERTIFICATES ARE SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE GIFT CERTIFICATE RECIPIENT. In order to claim Gift Certificates, Entrants may be required to complete an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, liability and publicity release and W-9 tax form. Such forms must be signed and returned to RingCentral within seven (7) days of date printed on the notification provided by RingCentral or your Gift Certificate may be voided in RingCentral's sole discretion. The value of the Gift Certificate will be treated as ordinary income to Gift Certificate recipient for income tax purposes, and an IRS Form 1099 for the relevant year will be sent to the Gift Certificate recipients if legally required. Incidental expenses and all other costs and expenses which are not specifically listed as part of a Gift Certificate in these Official Rules and which may be associated with the award or the acceptance, receipt and use of all or any portion of the awarded Gift Certificate are solely the responsibility of the respective Gift Certificate recipient.
6. Official Rules: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope RingCentral, Inc., Attn: RingCentral Referral Promotion, 20 Davis Drive, Belmont, CA 94002. Vermont residents may omit return postage. Copies of Official Rules may also be viewed at https://refer.ringcentral.com/RINGCENTRAL/USCA/ts-and-cs.
8. Publicity: By participating, each Entrant grants RingCentral permission to use his/her name, company, voice, hometown, likeness or comments for publicity purposes in regard to the Promotion without payment of additional consideration, except where prohibited by law.
9. ASSUMPTION OF RISK, INDEMNIFICATION, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
BY INTENDING TO ENTER AND/OR ENTERING THE PROMOTION, EACH ENTRANT (ON BEHALF OF ENTRANT AND ENTRANT’S FAMILY MEMBERS, HEIRS, ADMINISTRATORS, AFFILIATES AND SUCCESSORS) ASSUMES ALL RISK ASSOCIATED WITH THE PROMOTION AND/OR GIFT CERTIFICATES AND HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS RINGCENTRAL, RINGCENTRAL ENTITIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARTNERS, AFFILIATES AND SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES, ADMINISTRATOR, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND ALL THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS FROM ANY LIABILITY, DAMAGES, CAUSES OF ACTION, THREATS, LOSSES, DEATH, INJURY, ACTUAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL CLAIMS AND DEMANDS WHATSOEVER IN LAW OR EQUITY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATOIN ALL COSTS AND ATTORNEYS' FEES, RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION, TAXES OWED AND DUE BY THE PARTICIPANT IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION, BREACH OF THE ENTRY WARRANTIES, AND THE ACCEPTANCE, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY GIFT CERTIFICATE THAT MAY BE WON. RINGCENTRAL AND ITS AFFILIATES AND SUBSIDIARIES DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE CONDITION, FITNESS OR MERCHANTABILITY OF THE GIFT CERTIFICATE. RINGCENTRAL AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND ALL THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY FOR DAMAGE TO ANY COMPUTER SYSTEM RESULTING FROM ACCESS TO OR THE DOWNLOAD OF INFORMATION OR MATERIALS CONNECTED WITH THE PROMOTION.
IN NO EVENT SHALL RINGCENTRAL OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHETHER ARISING UNDER CONTRACT, WARRANTY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY) OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY. RINGCENTRAL'S TOTAL LIABILITY FOR ANY AND ALL DAMAGES, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, SHALL BE LIMITED AND CAPPED IN ITS ENTIRETY AT US$50. THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY REFLECTS THE ALLOCATION OF RISK BETWEEN THE PARTIES. THE LIMITATIONS SPECIFIED IN THIS SECTION WILL SURVIVE AND APPLY IN ANY AND ALL CIRCUMSTANCES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY, SO CERTAIN OF THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
10. General: Any and all decisions related to the Promotion, these Official Rules, Promotion administration, verification and the like will be supervised by RingCentral, whose decisions are absolute, final and binding on all Entrants. RingCentral reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to terminate, cancel, or modify the Promotion at any time by amending these Official Rules and publishing them on its website. RingCentral and the RingCentral Entities shall not be responsible for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions in any marketing materials or these Official Rules. All information provided by Entrant for the Promotion is provided solely to RingCentral for RingCentral's benefit and is not provided to any other entity.
11. Governing Law and Venue: This Promotion and Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of California without giving effect to its rules on conflicts of laws. Venue for all disputes and actions arising under or relating to this Promotion (an "Action") shall be exclusively in the state and federal courts of San Mateo or San Francisco, California. All Entrants agree to bring all Actions only in such courts and not to contend that venue in such courts is improper or inconvenient.
12. Severability: If any provision of this Promotion or Official Rules is deemed to violate any law, rule or regulation, it shall be amended to conform to such law, rule or regulation and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
13. Intellectual Property: This document contains the trademarks and service marks of RingCentral and third parties. Such trademarks and service marks are the sole and exclusive property of their respective owners. The use of certain products and services as prizes or Gift Certificates does not imply participation in, or approval of, this Promotion by their respective companies. This Promotion is sponsored and administered exclusively by RingCentral and is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with any other company.